Appointment of Vice-Chairman
To appoint a Vice-Chairman of the Human Resources and Appeals Committee for the 2020-2021 municipal year.
At the start of the meeting, the Monitoring Officer advised that this meeting was being hosted remotely using conferencing software which allowed Members, Officers and public attendance whilst being able to protect themselves and others, whilst observing the Government’s lockdown measures.
The Monitoring Officer also stated that all votes during this meeting would be taken through an informal recorded vote, though would not be noted as such in the minutes.
A Roll Call of all those Members in attendance remotely was then taken.
Proposed by Councillor Taylor
Seconded by Councillor Simpkins
and RESOLVED that Councillor Robinson be appointed Vice-Chairman of the Human Resources and Appeals Committee for the 2020/2021 municipal year.
Apologies for Absence
No apologies for absence were received for this meeting.
Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of the existence and nature of any private interests, both disclosable pecuniary and any other registrable interests, in any matter to be considered or being considered..
No declarations of interest were made at this meeting.
To consider report G26/20 from the Assistant Director Governance, which is attached, which seeks to consult the Members of the Human Resources and Appeals Committee on proposed changes to its Terms of Reference.
1. Members of the Human Resources and Appeals Committee consider the proposals to revise its Terms of Reference; and
2. the Chair submits the comments of the Committee upon the proposed revision to the Monitoring Officer by 16 July 2020.
Members considered report G26/20 of the Assistant Director Governance which sought:
1. consideration of the Human Resources and Appeals Committee to the proposals to revise its Terms of Reference; and
2. submission of the comments of the Committee to the Monitoring Officer by 16 July 2020.
Following debate, Members agreed that they wished to defer any consideration of the proposed new Terms of Reference until they had been able to read the draft Management of Change Policy document. It was felt that without this they were unable to put forward any comments, with regard to the proposed new Terms of Reference for this committee, to the Monitoring Officer.
The Chairman announced that the meeting would be adjourned until 13 July 2020 and requested that a copy of the draft Management of Change Policy document be circulated to all members.
The meeting was adjourned at 11.55am.
The meeting was reconvened on Monday 13 July at 1pm
Paul Sutton – Interim Director of Corporate Services and
Julia Cater – Human Resources Consultants
were in attendance at the 13 July 2020 meeting.
No apologies for absence were received for the 13 July 2020 meeting.
No declarations of interest were made at the 13 July 2020 meeting.
Members continued to consider the above with further information having been provided regarding the Management of Change Policy.
Proposed by Councillor A Ross
Seconded by Councillor M Robinson
1) Members of the Human Resources and Appeals Committee considered the proposals to revise its Terms of Reference; and
2) Members of the Human Resources and Appeals Committee recommended the inclusion of an additional paragraph in the Terms of Reference for this committee to reflect that the HR & Appeals Committee will nominate a Member to participate in the Management of Change Panel, as set out in the draft Management of Change Policy, in relation to officers at Assistant Director level and above.